State DXF files

Discussion in 'Graphics Issues' started by Boyd Fortn, 6/10/14.

1. Boyd Fortn

Boyd Fortn member

Roles:
    • Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting
    Brands:
    • HyperThermHyperTherm, PlasmacamPlasmacam
    I am trying to find DXF files that contains just the outside borders for each of the states. I am looking to make some brands that will be two to three inches tall, with the border being approximately 1\4" wide. I do not want to make the brand solid. I currently have solid files for each of the states, and when I copy and scale down the state for the inside of the border, it does not scale it completely proportional. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Boyd Fortin

2. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    To create a border you must offset the outline (usually to the outside) by the desired border width, in CAD it is called offset, in Corel it is called contour, it simply projects the shape outward (or inward) a specific distance all around. Scaling doesn't work because it just makes a copy instead of a border.

offset.

3. Boyd Fortn

Boyd Fortn member

Roles:
    • Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting
    Brands:
    • HyperThermHyperTherm, PlasmacamPlasmacam
    Worked great last night when I tried the offset option. Looks like I still learn something every day. Thanks for teh help.

SignTorch likes this.