Other Scroll design

Discussion in 'CNC Art File Sharing' started by Boyd Fortn, 8/18/14.

1. Boyd Fortn

Boyd Fortn member

Roles:
    • Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting
    Brands:
    • HyperThermHyperTherm, PlasmacamPlasmacam
    I have attached a copy fo a scroll design a woman would like for me to cut. I tried to convert it so I could cut it on my table, but could not get very good clarity. Can anyone convert this to a DXF file for me? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Boyd F.
    stencil_flourish_corner_border_frame_scroll_2_5_x_2_inches_each_8ea9683e.

2. Have you tried to trace it in Inkscape? You can trace the image using Inkscape and it will add the nodes.

itabakh and Dawgonhawg like this.
  3. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro

Attached Files:

Chris Sauer, Dawgonhawg and Hydrops like this.
  4. Hydrops

Hydrops registered

Hello,

thank you very much for tutorial.

Can you please tell me the name of the tool used to trace the image ?

5. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    corel draw

6. Hydrops

Hydrops registered

Yes, I know that,

but which tool in corel draw ?

you tell its name at 1.20 but I don't really understand what you say

Thank you

7. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    oh, that's the b-spline tool

around 6:20 I combined multiple spline objectss (or I could hit convert-to-curves on each spline) and that creates a normal (non-spline) curve

if it remained a spline curve then the node-edit tool doesn't work quite the same on splines

8. Hydrops

Hydrops registered

Thank you very much.

I have been visiting this site for about a week now and have learned quite a lot here, I tried a couple of samples on both my cnc and laser machines and quality is very good. :)

Will make a donation soon.

Best regards

9. SeanP

SeanP member

Roles:
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, HyperThermHyperTherm, Adobe IllustratorAdobe Illustrator, Mach3Mach3, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, SheetCAMSheetCAM
    Think I missed that one, many thanks some good tips there, I haven't really used the b spline tool,,,,looks good.

10. Dawgonhawg

Dawgonhawg member

Roles:
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, DynaTorchDynaTorch, HyperThermHyperTherm
    Sweet! Thanks for sharing!

11. Muzza

Muzza member

Like Sean I missed that one too.
    I don't use the B-Spline tool much but do find it really good for creating patterns etc.where it's not detail specific and making the lines flow. Trying to follow a specific shape like a photo trace I find that I have trouble keeping the trace on the edge so use the polyline tool.
    Murray

12. Boyd Fortn

Boyd Fortn member

Roles:
    Brands:
    • HyperThermHyperTherm, PlasmacamPlasmacam
    Thanks for the tutorial on how you designed the scroll the lady wanted. She loved it. I will post something in the near future.
    Boyd