Ready To Cut CNC Art

Objects Knockdown Fire pit

Mike 1948

These are some variations of a knockdown (no welding) fire pit DXF files. Also I made up 3 variations of the side plates, one with plain slots, one with bears, one with moose. It was designed for 1/4 inch thick material but it should work for thinner stock also. The "large is 37" and the "small is 31" across. You will need 1 bottom plate, 4 side plates and 4 supports. If there are any problems please let me know. Enjoy
Mike FIRE PIT.JPG

Attachments

Good day! And could you put a drawing hexagon 36" Hexagon .25"

Has anyone had any warping issues with this design? I'm wondering how well the base plate will hold up.

When you download these files they come out in corel draw about 8.5x2.27 do you then just increase size to 37 in or 31?

thanks jd

When you download these files they come out in corel draw about 8.5x2.27 do you then just increase size to 37 in or 31?

thanks jd
When you "import" the files make sure you have the AutoCAD scaling option set to English, 1 unit=1 inch. That should fix it

Thanks for sharing this!
But I got a question.
About the bottom plate, sure I can use scaling function to enlarge the size, but the gaps for assembling support and side plate are also enlarged.
Should I change the gaps into the thickness of the sheet metal I used ?

Thanks for sharing this!
But I got a question.
About the bottom plate, sure I can use scaling function to enlarge the size, but the gaps for assembling support and side plate are also enlarged.
Should I change the gaps into the thickness of the sheet metal I used ?

You will have to scale all of the parts. It would be better to change the gaps.

Mike

Hi Mike,
I have scale it so I can use 1/8 plate. But the high is to short. If I offset the top part of the side plates, do you think it will still go together ok?

I have cut one out of 3mm mild steel. have only used it once with pine and the base plate warped slightly. if you were to burn hotter burning wood im sure it would warp even more. i did how ever scale the large model up a fraction so i could put more detail into the side panels. would reccommend using thicker plate on base or wielding stiffeners in.

Ive cut many of these out of 10ga, haven't noticed any warpage yet but does it really matter? I don't wanna haul around a piece of 1/4" just to eliminate warpage. These look real cool with different designs in the sides.

Do you have it saved in dxf file because when i click it it takes me to torrent.

it's a link to a .zip file - if clicking on it takes you somewhere - then that would be due to your system configuration - you should be able to right click on it and hit save-as - and save it on your drive -

then right click on that .zip file and hit extract-all (or similar) - and follow the prompts - to extract the actual .dxf file(s)

then start your design software and hit file-import (or file-open) to load the .dxf file(s)

if you just click to open a .dxf file in windows (or in a browser) then what happens depends on if and how windows is configured to handle .dxf files

Hi, Does anyone know the angle of the side plate? i am planing to have a clip on/ height adjustable grill cut at the same time as the rest of the parts. i will share once i get it drawn up

Thanks

Looks great!!! New to this whole CNC deal.. Could someone help me out on scaling something like this down to say 10guage???

Back
Top Bottom