Ready To Cut CNC Art

Badge Dallas police department badge

Turtlebhp

image.jpg Does anyone have a dxf of the Dallas police department badge and if not, is anyone available to make it? My wife's friend was married to one of the officers killed and I want to do a replica of his badge.

I put this basic one together really quick. I didn't add the wording as that's my least favorite part. I'm sure ST will come along with a more detailed, better one later.

Attachments

That looks good. Thank you so much. What program are you using to do this and How would I convert it to a .dxf?

I use Corel. I have the DXF as well. The SVGs are just easier to edit to resize and add the text. The text is hard to do because I didn't have an exact match. Then I also didn't know what size you wanted to cut it at, so if you shrink it down the text would have to be adjusted too.

For future reference, you open the SVG into whatever graphic program you use, make your edits, and then save or export as a DXF.

Thanks, RHM963. I don't have a graphics program. I just try and convert bmp files in Paint to plasma cam files and export as dxf. Lots of cleanup involved though. Real pain in the rear end. Looking to get into a program though and why I was asking what you use. I appreciate the help and my wife's friend definitely will.

I use Corel. A lot of people use Inkscape because it's free. There are a few other programs out there but I don't know enough about them to make recommendations. I can certainly vouch for Corel though. You can try Inkscape if you don't like the price tag on Corel.

Does anyone have a 3D file for a CNC router that they can share or even sell to me? I started a project with a dremel because my CNC Shark to 2 1/2 times longer to receive than it stated and now I'm trying to get it done with the CNC as originally planned. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I are law enforcement and are trying to help out another LE buddy. Thanks in advance.

I am looking to create this in Vinyl, for a window. I knew one of the officers killed (Krol) I need a detailed one, but I am just getting started with this. Can anyone assist in a detailed .SVG file for a vinyl decal? TIA!

Back
Top Bottom