Ready To Cut CNC Art

Animal trace of dog face

RNOPLASMA

registered
A friend of mine had a dog pass away and asked if i could do a memorial sign for her. I am looking to create a sign of the dogs face cut with plasma at about 24". I cannot for the life of me get a trace that looks anything close. Please help and any information on the best way to do this in orel x6 for future projects is greatly appreciated.

IMG_2561.jpg

the picture is too small - can't see any detail - like hair, hair direction, and facial features - had to make up what to draw

dog_picture~.jpg

Attachments

Thank you! Looks much better than my attempt. I need to get a tablet and practice for sure. I sent you a donation for your time. Thanks again.

This is what I came up with - Not the best

dog.PNG

yeah, I don't try to draw with vectors in corel draw, it's too slow and cumbersome to fiddle with nodes and curves while drawing, and difficult to get curves to look natural, in photoshop it's more like using a real pen, can lay down nice curvy lines really fast, even though it needs a little vector clean up after vector conversion, the actual drawing process is a much more enjoyable experience, the only problem I have is with straight lines, they never come out quite straight near the ends, and things like circles and parallel curves are hard to draw by hand, those don't come out too great either, but those only appear on man made objects, that's why I prefer drawing natural subjects rather than cars, vehicles, letters and and things that have to be drawn more precisely in order to look right. Those things take a lot more clean up work after vector conversion.

Back
Top Bottom