New Steel Rose

Discussion in 'CNC Art File Sharing' started by A Amend, 2/9/18.

1. A Amend

A Amend member

Any "Schmuck" can buy roses on Valentines Day ...
    Rose.

zhillian, Gmanboss, camo1280 and 2 others like this.
  2. zhillian

zhillian registered

I like it. I had a couple files that I was using so students could make some kind-of like these, but for some unknown reason they don't cut well and I have failed when trying to edit them.

Great job!

3. A Amend

A Amend member

Thank You .. the one you're looking at my 4th attempt at it, and is actually part of the arrangement on my avatar. Here is the .dxf I created to do these. I use an amada laser (.010 kerf) to cut these out of 20ga (.033 or 1.2mm) #4 finished 201 stainless. If using a plasma cutter I'm fairly certain the gaps are going to have to be enlarged. I got the inspiration for these after watching a You-Tube video by a young blacksmith in England named Alec Steele, he is quite entertaining to watch, and then searching for more instruction, I happened upon another video by "Christ Centered Ironworks" that is an EXCELLENT tutorial on how to make these, but pack a lunch 'cuz his video is about an hour and a half long. Good Luck

Attached Files:

4. zhillian

zhillian registered

Outstanding. Thanks for the drawing and the info. I do run a plasma so I will heed your advise.
    Thanks again.