restoring a camper

Discussion in 'CNC Art Requests' started by ACJ Graphics, 4/9/15.

1. ACJ Graphics

ACJ Graphics member

restoring a toyota chinook camper i know mostly is metal art here. but i could use these for vinyl. gary , you rock and i only come to the best once its done i will post finished pics . please and thank you!! attached is factory decals i traced before refinishing body thank you!!

100_1784.JPG

100_1785.JPG

100_1787.JPG

2. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    Interesting, chinooks are cool... (as are vinyl cutters...)

Now, I had extensive difficulty trying to remove the perspective from the photos

perspective1.

you should take the pictures from farther away, and looking straighter at the paper, to minimize perspective distortion

and either place a rectangle (or registration marks) on the page like the blue lines below, or if the paper is a straight rectangle then have all the edges of the paper in the photo

so that I can draw a straight rectangle like the red lines,

perspective2.

then I can adjust the photo to make the blue lines (or the edges of the paper) line up with the red lines, to accurately eliminate perspective distortion in the photo

perspective3.

and, if you provide the dimensions of the blue rectangle (or the paper), then the proportions of the red rectangle can be made to match very precisely

notice, in your second picture neither the left or right edge of the paper is visible, so the only vertical reference is the two T characters, and they are on the left half of the photo, so that's not much to work with, I was not able to confidently remove perspective distortion in these photos

I ended up having to guess and improvise to get something close to what the photos appear to show, I didn't put any fillets on the letters (in case adjustments are needed), so you should add a small fillet right before cutting to get rid of the sharp corners

toyota_chinook.

Attached Files:

sblackburn likes this.
  3. ACJ Graphics

ACJ Graphics member

i took a few more pics hope these help you but what i saw already i'm impressed you never cease to amaze me you rock! if there vectors i think i could scale them up to almost match what the factory size were. thanks again !!

100_1788.JPG

100_1789.JPG

100_1790.JPG

100_1791.JPG

4. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    those would work much better, but hopefully the previous result will be sufficient, let me know if it needs work...