Park Service Law Enforcement Badge

Discussion in 'CNC Art Requests' started by TrishaKay, 12/30/19.

1. TrishaKay

TrishaKay registered

Looking for some help with a badge for my piranha cnc. I have been trying to convert the attached picture to 3D (term?) and it works, but the edges and the lines are fuzzy.. probably due to pixels when i enlarge it. and i cant seem to line up my verbage correctly. I had everything looking really good until i ran my toolpaths and then.. bleck!
    I really want this to be sharp, as it is going to a retiring chief ranger. I am planning on it being about 8x12, maybe 1/2-3/4 inch thick. i will probably run it on pine first, and then walnut or maple.
    I am running Aspire, so any dxl or sti file would be best. I am getting frustrated cause i cant make this work for me.. ARG!

is there anyone who could help me with this? Any additional information needed?

Thank you in advance!
    Trish

RANGER BADGE.

2. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    I don't know anybody doing 3D

3. TrishaKay

TrishaKay registered

ok.. maybe i am saying it wrong... i am trying to make a sign that is the shape and texture of the badge... the attached photo is what i am trying to do... does that help?
    700 1BADGE 1.

4. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
  5. TrishaKay

TrishaKay registered

Thank you for your help... I will try the design and make site..

6. A Amend

A Amend member

I may be a bit off here ... but I think you're going to be looking for something like MasterCam or Solid Works for this ... something that works in X, Y and Z axis ... that is unless you have a 5 axis machine and in that case ... I'm jealous ... Good Luck!!!