New, Questions...

Discussion in 'Cutting Systems' started by Banshee350, 1/23/18.

1. Banshee350

Banshee350 registered

New to cnc working, Basically Learning by doing. Have plasma-cam system at the shop i work at.
    What is the best way to get an odd shape into the system? Has sloped angles, radius edges and needs to be 3/4" wide frame, it is a frame basically for a custom intake vent on a boat. No measurements, No angle's, Just a random odd shape, Have a template the customer brought in made of a cardboard cut out.
    Should i just take a picture of it and try to use that to convert to a cutpath and scale to size?

2. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    if it can't be drawn from scratch then you can try converting a good clean photo of the pattern, I would usually draw over the photo to make a nice clean accurate black and white image for converting, if you just convert a raw photo then it will be more difficult to achieve perfection

Banshee350 likes this.