New Knockdown Fire pit

Discussion in 'CNC Art File Sharing' started by Mike 1948, 4/3/15.

1. Mike 1948

Mike 1948 member

These are some variations of a knockdown (no welding) fire pit DXF files. Also I made up 3 variations of the side plates, one with plain slots, one with bears, one with moose. It was designed for 1/4 inch thick material but it should work for thinner stock also. The "large is 37" and the "small is 31" across. You will need 1 bottom plate, 4 side plates and 4 supports. If there are any problems please let me know. Enjoy
    Mike FIRE PIT.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Colmesf

Colmesf registered

I have just signed up. Totally new to all this, thanks for sharing

3. shurbanidze

shurbanidze registered

Good day! And could you put a drawing hexagon 36" Hexagon .25"

4. 6speedGTX

6speedGTX member

Has anyone had any warping issues with this design? I'm wondering how well the base plate will hold up.

5. WeldX

WeldX registered

I cant get this file to open on my plasmacam program. help please

6. Mike 1948

Mike 1948 member

The files are in DXF format, maybe try to "import" them.
    Mike

7. jordan fyfe

jordan fyfe registered

what size sheet do you need to have to cut all those pieces out? looks like a 4x8?

8. Mike 1948

Mike 1948 member

Not sure, I did not lay it out. Download and layout the pieces.
    Mike

9. JD1957

JD1957 registered

When you download these files they come out in corel draw about 8.5x2.27 do you then just increase size to 37 in or 31?

thanks jd

10. Mike 1948

Mike 1948 member

When you "import" the files make sure you have the AutoCAD scaling option set to English, 1 unit=1 inch. That should fix it

11. yhboy

yhboy registered

Thanks for sharing this!
    But I got a question.
    About the bottom plate, sure I can use scaling function to enlarge the size, but the gaps for assembling support and side plate are also enlarged.
    Should I change the gaps into the thickness of the sheet metal I used ?

12. Mike 1948

Mike 1948 member

You will have to scale all of the parts. It would be better to change the gaps.

Mike

13. Joel irwin

Joel irwin registered

Roles:
    • Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting
    Brands:
    • AutoCADAutoCAD, InkScapeInkScape
    Hi Mike,
    I have scale it so I can use 1/8 plate. But the high is to short. If I offset the top part of the side plates, do you think it will still go together ok?

14. Mike 1948

Mike 1948 member

Like I said before, it would be better to change the gaps.

15. Tim Groves

Tim Groves registered

I have cut one out of 3mm mild steel. have only used it once with pine and the base plate warped slightly. if you were to burn hotter burning wood im sure it would warp even more. i did how ever scale the large model up a fraction so i could put more detail into the side panels. would reccommend using thicker plate on base or wielding stiffeners in.

16. Thebouncingwelder

Thebouncingwelder registered

Can't wait to try this

17. Scott Meinardus

Scott Meinardus registered

How do I save this to my jump drive to take to my CNC machine?

18. Brug33

Brug33 registered

Ive cut many of these out of 10ga, haven't noticed any warpage yet but does it really matter? I don't wanna haul around a piece of 1/4" just to eliminate warpage. These look real cool with different designs in the sides.

ConcFab likes this.
  19. László Pásztor

László Pásztor registered

THank You for this design!

20. Dmhandson

Dmhandson member

We built this fire pit n 1/4 scale out of 16 gauge came out pretty cool.
    IMG_3025.JPG

karl benz likes this.
  21. CW3 Tracy Hunt

CW3 Tracy Hunt registered

Do you have it saved in dxf file because when i click it it takes me to torrent.

22. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    it's a link to a .zip file - if clicking on it takes you somewhere - then that would be due to your system configuration - you should be able to right click on it and hit save-as - and save it on your drive -

then right click on that .zip file and hit extract-all (or similar) - and follow the prompts - to extract the actual .dxf file(s)

then start your design software and hit file-import (or file-open) to load the .dxf file(s)

if you just click to open a .dxf file in windows (or in a browser) then what happens depends on if and how windows is configured to handle .dxf files

23. CW3 Tracy Hunt

CW3 Tracy Hunt registered