Hurricane Harvey

Discussion in 'Other Issues' started by SignTorch, 9/4/17.

1. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    a link to pictures from my hometown of Vidor, TX - we got over 50 inches of rain in 2 days - then the flood water came - we are blocked in but not flooded - road accesss, internet access and services are limited or non-existant - neighboring cities and the whole region is devastated with water everywhere

https://www.facebook.com/brooke.huelsman.5/videos/362165180880130/

this picture is the top if IH-10 East of Beaumont, TX, just Northwest of here

9-4-2017 11-23-25 AM.

2. RHM963

RHM963 Artist

Roles:
    • Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Just Getting StartedJust Getting Started
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Mach3Mach3, SheetCAMSheetCAM
    That's a highway? Scary. I hope you are well, have food in stock, and are holding up well until the rain waters go down. Wishing you the best!

3. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    when it comes to food, my neighbors more than made up for all my shortcomings - 4 different people showed up today with little things to help take care of mom

there's so many heroes and heartbreaks all around me - I was so worried, and everything turned out so ok

as of this afternoon the water is down enough to get out but Vidor lost electricity for 7 to 10 more days - some places are still flooded - lots of major recovery efforts are just taking off and it's incredible to see all that's going on

and now there's hurricane Irma - that's going to make this a really bad year for hurricanes ... maybe the worst two consecutive hurricanes ever....

4. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    well I got broadband internet back - I may have lost track of some email inquiries - still in a disaster zone so bear with me

the military just brought us some food - it's humbling to be ok and not be ok at the same time - my mom is disabled and can't hear good - taking care of her and staying with her and getting her to eat is the hardest thing - Sept 1 was 1 year now -

now I just need to find some bread and I'd give anything for some eggs (and bacon)

food-drop.

5. East German

East German member

Roles:
    • Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Mach3Mach3, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    All the best and best wishes from Germany!
    Be strong!

Peter