Help

Discussion in 'Tech Support - SignTorch' started by Kimtone, 8/7/18.

1. Kimtone

Kimtone member

I am running Mach 3 with Lazy cam
    the program using for files is cam bam

I transfer pic to lacy cam no problem but all rapids show up also and hitting auto clean does not make a difference.
    so when I send the pic to mach 3 it reads and cuts all the rapid lines.

2. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    it's been so long since I used either of those, I'm guessing

I think you should use either cam bam or lazy cam but not both because they both do the same thing

just use cam bam to generate gcode - then open the gcode in mach3

3. Kimtone

Kimtone member

I tried this using cam ban, by transferring to usb stick and did not work.
    Should the Mach 3 be upgraded to mach 4 could that be the problem,
    the table cuts out perfect. But I cant get it to stop cutting the rapid lines

4. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    mach 3 or 4 makes no difference - they both read and execute gcode identically - for all practical purposes

when you say you "transfer pic to lazy cam" and you tried "using cam bam, by transferring to usb stick" - it is not clear what you are doing

describe each step taken in each program explicitly - particularly when you save, open, or copy-to-usb, a file (or a pic), specify the exact file type, such as .dxf or .txt - and if you could upload the files being used or produced at each step, that might make it easier to determine what's going wrong

5. Kimtone

Kimtone member

Good morning
    The program that I use is one computer, and I copy any work I do to usb stick. I open the picture(DXF) in Lazy cam. Then I try to clean the pic up. I usually don't get any further because I learned that once I post it to Mach 3, and send it to be cut the rapid lines will also make a cut not clear though Material just I guess you would say a line on the metal were the rapids are . I don't know if I am explaining my self any better or not

6. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    oh, that sounds like you need to increase the rapid travel height to clear the material - I'm not familiar enough with lazy cam to say where that setting is or what it's called

7. Kimtone

Kimtone member

Thank you working great now.:happy::happy::happy:

SignTorch likes this.