Ready To Cut CNC Art

People Elsa

SignTorch

Artist
elsa_frozen=.gif

Attachments

this is great thank you the one I posted above was on I was trying to cut with and of course it all just fell apart guess my daughter gets a metal elsa puzzle lol

hi I tried to save and use this file and the cup cake one you guys have on here and they will not open in my cad program or in my inkscape program it says its a pdf and cant open do you know why or if im doing something wrong please let me know thank you

ok im going to have to look into that I have never had to unzip a file, but what is a SVG can I cut with that or do I need to vector it and make it a dxf sorry this is my first time dealing with this.The one of my kids I saved an cut with no problems

a zip file is a file with multiple files compressed into one, you have to extract those files before you can use them

basically, download and save the ZIP file, then right click on it, and hit extract-all (or similar) and follow the prompts

for a small ZIP file like that, you could go to http://wobzip.org/, upload the ZIP file, and it will unzip it for you, and you can download the individual extracted files

The zip file contains SVG files and DXF files, inkscape is designed to work with SVG files, but it also supports DXF to some extent

SVG is a common vector image format with smooth bezier curves

DXF (in this case) is a CAD/CAM format with arcs instead of bezier curves (more primitive but more compatible with CNC machines that are based on g-code)

both are vector formats,

in inkscape, you typically would open the SVG file (because it is smoother with fewer nodes), then export a DXF to use on your machine, and hopefully that inkscape DXF works ok with your CNC software,

I have a plasma machine and I don't know how to do files unless they are DXF format. Can you help me with this. My granddaughter would love this. Thanks

I have a plasma machine and I don't know how to do files unless they are DXF format. Can you help me with this. My granddaughter would love this. Thanks

The DXF is included with 4 other vector formats, all in one ZIP file, there are basic instructions in the post above on how to unzip the download to extract the DXF file.

Back
Top Bottom