daughter

Discussion in 'CNC Art Requests' started by eric rowland, 8/15/16.

1. eric rowland

eric rowland registered

i have a picture i want to see if you can make into a dxf but it says file is too large. How do i fix that.

2. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    go to http://resizeimage.net/

upload the photo, in step 4 set the size to something reasonable, download and save-as to a new file...

3. eric rowland

eric rowland registered

4. RHM963

RHM963 Artist

Roles:
    • Supplies / MaterialsSupplies / Materials, Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting, Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, Laser CuttingLaser Cutting, Laser EngraverLaser Engraver, EngraverEngraver, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Just Getting StartedJust Getting Started
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Mach3Mach3, SheetCAMSheetCAM
    While she isn't looking straight at the camera, this one won't cut without adding a lot of connecting lines that will clutter up the face. I did my best with the photo provided, the results aren't the greatest.

See this link for more info about turning photos in DXFs. The pose is everything! She is an adorable little girl and it's a great picture, unfortunately it doesn't work for the way I design. http://www.robinhillmachine.com/photo-art/

I made the file anyways so maybe you can use it as a starting point to edit to make it cut the way you want. The eyes nose and mouth are not connected to the rest of piece. You can either add connecting lines to those features or put a background behind everything to make it a 2 layer. You can also edit it to make it reverse cut. Choice is yours from here.

daughterRTCproof.

Attached Files:

5. jonutz

jonutz registered