Can't get this right

Discussion in 'CNC Art Requests' started by Randall P Musick, 12/18/18.

1. Randall P Musick

Randall P Musick registered

I've tried to enlarged so I can get a better outcome on my CNC.....Please Help

e4c91269-ee7a-4cef-9fd8-2c3b83b1d2f6.

2. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    image is way too small - can't hardly even see it -

3. Randall P Musick

I know I've tried to enlarge it but no luck

4. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    Well, what's the budget ? - I might know someone ...

5. Randall P Musick

I can do just about 100-200

6. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    perfect - now the only issue is if it's humanly possible - stay tuned ...

7. Randall P Musick

8. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    UPDATE

the bad news is: it's not humanly possible

the good news is: my elbow has a mind of it's own

in other news: I'm still not up to speed - still rebuilding - but it's nice to be drawing again

here's what I got so far - it's in reverse color - drawing the claws next

I figured out what the text says - "The Ancient Arms of Mesick"

stay tuned...

mersick1.

9. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    still not quite finished.... drawing...

mersick2.

10. Randall P Musick

Thank you so much....Name on it is Musick

11. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    I'm still working on it but something came up and messed up my schedule will finish asap

12. Mike Scott

Mike Scott member

Are you shooting for a larger image? or a DXF? (some machines just want a JPEG, that's why I ask)

13. Randall P Musick

DXF mostly so I can carve it into wood

14. Mike Scott

Mike Scott member

check your messages, please.

15. Randall P Musick

Hello, I understand and I'll have to wait until I get home tonight and talk with my wife before we move forward on this.
    If I get the down load do I just send it to you to convert it?

16. Mike Scott

Mike Scott member

Sure, or I could get it directly and email both to you.

17. Randall P Musick

Attached Files:

18. Mike Scott

Mike Scott member

"carve it into wood".. I have a couple questions then, since I've never done a flat DXF for a cnc router before, and am also not sure about your desired end results.

Normally, in a cutting environment on a design like this, where you intend to go all the way through the material, you have things to worry about. Like, the lines can't always connect, or all the inside pieces will fall out. There's only three settings "remove all material inside this looped area" or "remove all material outside this looped area", or "just center the cut on this line, and cut all the way through"

On a Router, the settings are a bit different.. you aren't cutting all the way through, except on the outside, and I believe you'll attempt to do varying routing heights for the loops, or planes.

If so.. I'm concerned that if I join the outlines of two different heights, you're not going to get what you want from this. For example, the five feathers at the top of the crown.. they definitely overlap each other, and therefore you might want to represent them at different heights.

In the picture I'm posting, the feather on the left is in-front of the feather on the right, I've got two overlap versions shown, the version 1 is what I think you want/need, and version 2, is what we would normally do in single-level cutting/engraving. Which would you prefer?

Attached Files:

19. Randall P Musick

I'm not sure I'm still new to this I have a X Carve

20. Mike Scott

Mike Scott member

OK. Are you using Easel?

21. Randall P Musick

Yes I'm still learning