BIG SETBACK - could use your prayers

Discussion in 'CNC Art Requests' started by SignTorch, 4/14/16.

1. scottsteel

scottsteel member

Howdy Gary,
    I echo everyone's message of condolences and hope for the future. We got the call on the 15th that my father in law had died. Actually we had to send the police on a welfare check and he was found on the floor. He had been there several days. We're in the process of getting paperwork done, his town house squared away, etc. Hang in there, brighter days HAVE to be ahead.

Rick

Mike Scott likes this.
  2. Randee S.

Randee S. registered

Roles:
    • Waterjet CuttingWaterjet Cutting, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal, Just Getting StartedJust Getting Started
    Brands:
    • AutoCADAutoCAD, HyperThermHyperTherm
    That is so sweet she was with you when this happened. I cannot imagine the feeling you are having. I hope that all becomes well again.

3. Funbum

Funbum registered

Sending prayers!!

4. scottsteel

scottsteel member

Howdy Gary,

Just checking on you, see how you're holding up....all these grey, rainy days sure don't help one's otherwise cheery disposition (mild sarcasm)… the entire city of Austin is in 'boil water' status...the restaurants are sucking air since they can't wash vegetables/fruit, can only serve bottled water and bottled soda b/c they use water for carbonation...oh but beer is on tap (yay). Anyway, hoping your health and business are making turns in the right direction.

Rick

5. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, Adobe PhotoshopAdobe Photoshop, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    Well, I thought I was doing ok at first, but just like when it started, everything has changed and it's like I thought I could just have my old life back, but now it hits me that it's all gone,

I had made some progress but now I'm struggling, without mom to talk to and take care of, and without that routine to keep me occupied, with none of my hobbies or toys or tools or art going, some days I don't know what to do with myself

I'm trying, got the house cleaned out, and redecorated, but cooking and eating is agonizing

6. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    • Vinyl CuttingVinyl Cutting, CNC RouterCNC Router, Designer / ArtistDesigner / Artist, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    what a mess, I have finally made some progress toward getting back to work

wrapping up building a new drawing station - it's free floating - no table - tablet tilts 90 degrees and rotates 360 - way better than ever

only problem is now everything's new or different and/or obsolete - and half is just gone - I just got some of it back together so far

software-wise I'm still back in the stone age - I have to reinvent that whole wheel - my old setup had grown into a sprawling mess like a rube goldberg contraption - I'm going to make everything better and neater this time around - so far so good -

now I need some favorable raster to vector software - looks like I might have to make that myself... arrrgh...

c1. c2.

7. East German

East German member

Roles:
    • Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting, Hobby / PersonalHobby / Personal
    Brands:
    • Mach3Mach3, V-Carve ProV-Carve Pro
    Good luck looks good:thumbsup:

Peter

SignTorch likes this.
  8. Dawgonhawg

Dawgonhawg member

Roles:
    • Plasma CuttingPlasma Cutting
    Brands:
    • Corel DrawCorel Draw, DynaTorchDynaTorch, HyperThermHyperTherm
    Hello Gary! Missed you and your great work. Hope all is much better for you.
    Jim

SignTorch likes this.
  9. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    Man, around the time mom passed, I had met and fell in love with the wrong girl

Since she was the only person who ever comes over anymore, I couldn't just end it, as shallow as it was, it was something

On Christmas morning, she (tried to) beat my ass, hit me in the face with a nail gun, and smashed my computer on her way out

I couldn't hit her back, or throw her out the door, I didn't want to hurt her, she has problems to

And now, I am dumbfounded with disbelief that this is my life

What I can't get out of my mind is how I have been a little too fortunate to have been able to get by and get through all this, when everyone else seems to struggle more and would never have been able to just take off and do this for 32 months straight. I didn't know that I could, by and large I'm not that responsible, or prudent, or reliable.

But now I'm running out of money, and asking, if anyone can afford to buy anything, I really really need some sales.

If not, it's not the end of the world, but selling off all my junk will sort of seem like another bad experience, another delay, another distraction.

Over the years, I've been writing on my own raster to vector software, and I was hoping to get that going since my old software was obsolete and is more or less gone now. For me, conventional software creates more work than it saves, so I can't get going with any available software. I can't just do that on a whim because it is so so complicated, and getting my computers set up to do it took too long, and now that 'girl' busted my monitor, it looks like a 1950's 3 color pong game.

I'm just so aggravated with myself, I feel like I could draw the Cistine Chapel, inside and out, with one pierce point, right now, without zooming in, but I can't sit down and think...

How would you like for that to be your worst problem in the world ?

I know, I could just be a cry baby, or just rediculous, and if I just walk outside then lightening will strike me and maybe that will do the trick.... Now watch it strike my computer... - oh man - that's what my mom would say - I guess I'll stretch out an extension cord and climb up a tree and wait...

just venting...

peace on earth....

I love you all with thanks,

10. East German

East German member

Roles:
    Brands:
    Hello Gary I'm fortunately very well in GERMANY I have marketed many of your work here I can send something to your email address pet pay pal I'm a firefighter with a family but I would like to help something.
    I love your work!
    Peter from Germany

SignTorch likes this.
  11. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
  12. East German

East German member

Roles:
    Brands:
    I have sent

Best wishes
    Peter

SignTorch likes this.
  13. SignTorch

SignTorch Artist

Roles:
    Brands:
    that's so nice - Peter - I can't get money even from the people that owe me money around here - best of all, it makes me feel better -

14. Mike Scott

Mike Scott member

If you can tell me what's selling theses days, I'll buy... I'm no artist, and can't seem to pre-make anything that sells.. I only seem to be able to land custom work that sucks away more time than it's making me money. I need an indication of one or two "sure-fire" sales items that will sell, so I can start running stuff between custom jobs.. if that works, I'll come back for more.