Ready To Cut CNC Art

Old English Letter S

sblackburn

Hello there all, Just wondering if someone could transform this into a dxf file for me. I have a program that I can do it, but it's old and will be lengthy
Unclechris S.jpg .
If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

After giving it a whirl myself with my ghetto cad program which is the only option for my machine this is what I came up with. I'm still open to the idea if anyone can make it smoother. Thanks if you have the time!

Attachments

I didn't download your file but I did make this for you. Two different cut options. I don't have the time to teach you to fish today, but I can give you one so you don't go hungry.
Srtc.dxf.jpg

Attachments

Thanks for the help from all of you. I was away from the computer for a bit so decided to just try cutting mine out and well, I can't complain. Thanks again though for the consideration!
20170113_143240.jpg

That's awesome Gary! What version of Corel Draw? I need to get something better than my Vicon cad. I'm going to do some shopping for it soon! Thanks for all the help and hope the new year is treating you well!

I'm using corel X6 - any version will do that stuff - but education versions don't usually have dxf export (afaik) - and version X5 (i think it was) lacks R12 DXF - X6 and later has the all important join-nodes command - X8 is the latest (it has a tabbed document interface) -

you can download a free trial - you will want to check if and how corel DXF files work with your system - corel only exports DXF R12 equivalent with lots of short line segments around curves - or DXF R2K equivalent which has spline curves - which are like corel's bezier curves - which not all CAM software supports correctly - in many cases splines just gets downsampled to lots of tiny line segments similar to a corel R12 DXF

or there is a corel plugin called dxf tools that exports dxf with arcs

once you find the right dxf combination for your system - then you can use corel to correct other dxf files - and it has great sign layout capability - once you get your brain wrapped around the basics -

Back
Top Bottom