Ready To Cut CNC Art

Marine Unit

Greenlight1985

registered
I need to convert this to a DXF image.

9th Marines.jpg

That's a complicated one to get any detail into it. What size do you intend to cut that out as and have you considered making that a multiple layered piece? Ideally, you would cut it at 24-30" and make it 4 layers, each piece powder coated a different color. Bottom black, red shape, green castle, yellow 9. It could be done as a two layer, pretty much ignoring the red shape. And a one piece is possible.

I'm not offering to make it for you, just curious what your plan was for this file.

I looking to cut it as a 24" circle. Maybe layering would work I have never done that before any recommendations? I'm using Inkscape.

I would suggest 2 layers. The first layer the circles and castle. The top layer the number. I took a few minutes to get you started. Import this file into Inkscape and see if you can take it from there. The 9 I have in there is the wrong font but it should get you part way there.

The hardest part of making a file is visualizing how to cut it. Once you have a plan, the rest is just shapes and getting them to work together.

So start with this SVG and see what you can do. Ask any questions you need along the way. I make a lot of files for a lot people but I make them for people that don't have the time to design. When I come across someone that doesn't know how to design, I prefer teaching them how to do it.

Each file you make, you'll learn something new, learn a shortcut, get better at it, and all that. Give this one a try. I'll help you along the way.

~Julie

Attachments

I'd almost be interested in this one myself, given that I was in 9th Engineer Support Battalion. 3rd FSSG.

Back
Top Bottom