Ready To Cut CNC Art

Symbols Worst Font To Look Good Cut In Metal - ?

SignTorch

Artist
curly_font.jpg

I was inspired to do this - for the right font (on the wrong forum) -

[BCOLOR=#e1ebf2]
Font Help Plz....

by Bonec ┬╗ Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Need help with this font in DXF if anyone will help please, thanks in advance.
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]

ATTACHMENTS
awww_plasmaspider_com_download_file_php_106ac7e3d4b870ac23612d42d4717201._.jpg
to share.jpg (10.75 KiB) Viewed 237 times
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#e1ebf2]
Bonec

[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#e1ebf2]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ecf3f7]
Re: Font Help Plz....

by Capstone ┬╗ Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:48 am

Not surprisingly, I've noticed this post has remained untouched for more than a week. 115 people looked at it and 115 people probably scoffed or just shook their head.

This field has a really sharp learning curve and I think some are actually glad for it.
But if everyone just lets this go quietly away, then we all miss an opportunity to set the expectation properly in this profession/hobby, not just for Bonec, but hopefully for future patrons.
So brutally honest, but in the spirit of trying to provide helpful criticism...

Bonec,

1. There's not much point in attempting any font conversion if the entire "look and feel" has to be destroyed in the process of making it plasma cut ready.
2. If you wanted to pick the worst font I have ever seen on this forum to convert into something that was going to look good cut into metal, then you found it. Most fonts have around 5-10 inherent "drop outs" that have to be fixed, this one... well honestly, I stopped counting after I hit 30 in the first 5 letters. Most know that all of the O's, R's, A's, B's will have to be fixed in any conversion so next time, first please visualize what a Plasmatable can legibly produce based on the size you want to produce; then, grab a pen and color in all of the spaces that are closed in and step back and try to read it. If you actually expect someone to help, just as practice or because they want to be a nice person, please think twice if there are more than 10 "fixes" needed.
3. Lastly, take some time to learn how to do these things yourself. Inkscape is a totally free vector drawing program, perfect for 2D Plasmacutting and 100% compatible with Sheetcam and there are some Plasma Table specific tutorials of not just Inkscape, but also SheetCAM and MACH3 that you can watch and learn from today right here...

Arclight Inkscape Tutorials

Phil

DIY 48x28" watertable Precision Plasma Gantry and C&CNC Motor/Controls
Hypertherm PM45
Eastwood: MIG135, TIG200 AC/DC, PlasmaCut40 Handtorch
HF 20T Brake Press w/SWAGOR HD Finger Break
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ecf3f7]
Capstone
Elite Contributing Member
awww.plasmaspider.com_images_ranks_elite_member_icon.png

[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ecf3f7]
[/BCOLOR]

Attachments

and the negative version - if you made the letters touch in one place (and join them) then it would be a single pierce for all the letters

neg.jpg

Attachments

Wow thanks for those letters Gary, great job!
That's a great idea doing a negative with them like that,,,very effective.

Back
Top Bottom